WHY WE ALL NEED A COACH

There is an old saying, "you can't see the forest for the trees". I have found that to be true of my personal growth which has a direct correlation to my business success.  In other words, I usually can't the see changes in myself that others around me notice. So, if I can't SEE the change, how can I guide and mold it in the direction I want to go? That's one of many places  a Coach comes in.

So, I am a Sales Coach. Let me start by saying everyone is in sales, not just those of us with specific sales jobs. Look around you. We are bombarded on a daily basis with ads to make us feel special with products guaranteed to make us better or slimmer or prettier or smarter and happier. Try driving down the freeway and NOT look at a billboard. It's impossible. So, if you are in sales, what makes YOU stand out from the rest?? I'm here to say it's your BIG WHY?

Your Coach helps you get to your WHY.  WHY are you doing what you do. Is it to make money? WHY? Who is that for. What do you plan on doing with the money? Support your family, support your aging parents, send your children to college. You may have a burning desire to do mission work somewhere and need to be able to take off time to for that, or you may feel a drive to contribute back to society by volunteering. Those are the BIG WHYS that drive you.

So, as a Coach, the first thing I want to do is get to your BIG WHY. I need you to have a reason to get up and out of bed to go DO the work even when you don't feel like it. Something that pushes you on to achieve the goals that you want to achieve. The one thing that is your overall purpose in life. The legacy you want to leave.

So, my first tip as a Coach is, go someplace where you will not be disturbed with a pen and paper and ask yourself WHY you  work. Then ask WHY of that answer over and over until drive it down to the lowest and smallest possible denominator. That's when you will hit your big why. Your big why will be a huge realization about yourself if you drill it down all the way. It will make you cry at the thought of not being able to do it.  Then I want you to write that on a sticky note or a piece of paper and put it on your computer, in your wallet, on your bathroom mirror, on your refrigerator, on the radio in your car. EVERYWHERE you look. And then, next time you don't feel like doing the things you know you have to do, look at it and think about that BIG WHY.  My hope is it will push you to be your best.

Happy selling,

Coach Helen
Feel free to contact me for comments or questions at helenkaruba@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts